- Vidit Agarwal
- Dec 28, 2021
Finding your start-up accounting firm's initial clients may seem like looking for an item in the dark. However, thanks to strong applications and the use of techniques like social media marketing, it can become quite simple. Alternatively, you may try to get your first few accounting clients through face-to-face interaction (the old fashioned technique to find new clients). It would be better if we mix the two methods of marketing to get those initial customers.
What are the various ways to find out initial clients for your accounting practice or firm?
Here are some ways of acquiring initial accounting clients for your accounting practice or firm -
- Ask for references from friends, family, and colleagues - The more widely you spread the news about your client search, the more people you'll meet who know someone who could benefit from your accounting knowledge. Thus, word-of-mouth marketing can be an extremely efficient method of acquiring clients. In exchange, offer to distribute business cards to your friends and family members who are also in the market for a new business.
- Use internet review and rating sites - Online rating and review services serve as the digital word-of-mouth. How can you ensure that your new accounting practice is properly portrayed online when you're just getting started and don't yet have any clients to review?By purchasing a few advertisements when you first establish your firm and begin seeking customers, you can ensure that local prospects searching for accounting services will see your business's name.
- Concentrate on your niche audience - Are you a specialist in a particular field, such as accounting for small businesses or a particular industry? If so, become active with the trade associations and industry groups for that specialty. Attend their conferences and networking events, and stay active on all major social media channels.Maintaining relationships with groups in your niche not only boosts your chances of meeting new clients, but also keeps you updated. You'll be informed of the latest concerns raised by your target clients and any new legislation. The more aware you become about the issues that matter to your clients, the more you can assist them in resolving their individual problems.
- Google Adwords - Ensure that your online advertisements direct clients to specific landing pages of the website that explain the issues that influence them to click on your advertisements.
- Participate in social media groups - LinkedIn and Facebook offer robust group page dynamics. Inquire about joining groups and then conduct a search for pertinent subjects or questions. Begin by responding to members' accounting inquiries and offering more assistance offline or in person (in real life).
- Content Marketing - Websites adore free content offers. Offer to write a guest blog post for relevant websites visited by your target clients. Make sure to submit high-quality posts that are keyword-rich to improve your rating and to establish yourself as an expert in your subject. Include a link to your website's URL and any other information that will assist visitors in contacting your accounting firm. Due to the growing popularity of video marketing, you can also record your speeches and sell them as content to other websites, or offer to perform a webinar and/or podcast for the site.
- Online directories and local newspapers - List yourself on as many reputable directories as possible so that clients can find you once they conduct an online search for a new accountant.Make an effort to differentiate your newspaper advertisements from those of other accountants who are giving their advertisements in the same places.
- Mail them directly - Mailing the target audience can also help you obtain initial clients for your accounting or practice firm. Ensure that the mail is addressed specifically to certain recipients and either implies that you will follow up with a phone call or includes a convincing 'call to action'.
- Leaflets and letters - Leaflets and letters are the most common and widely used marketing strategy to find new clients for your accounting practice or firm. As with letters, leaflets should have an enticing "call to action," such as inviting readers to visit your website in order to receive several benefits or a "free item of value" and to provide their contact information.
- Follow-up meetings with new contacts - It is a vital supplementary activity that contributes to the value of networking. Additionally, you may visit local companies to introduce yourself. However, ensure that you have a story that will catch their interest first.
Once you've acquired your initial accounting clients, treat them well in order to establish a lasting relationship. Assure that all of their needs are addressed, express your gratitude for their company, and then ask for referrals to expand your client base.